Pinned Post


Please click HERE to join in "Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday" challenge.


Please click HERE to join in "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge.


Jan 6, 2009

2 Challenges - 1 card (Penny Black)


I made this card combining two great challenges, Penny Black saturday challenge , and Mojo Monday sketch challenge . For Penny Black Challenge #30 we were to use embossing in our project. I used my new cuttlebug folder (textile texture). The image was colored with Prisma, blick studio and copic markers. I need to get a few more copics, I am not very happy how my flower pot turned out. (Don't have the right colors!) I added a little bit of stickles to the bee's wings and the flower center. I also added stickles to the strip of celery prints designer paper. The sentiment is from vases in vogue (retired SU). I punched it out with SU's small oval punch and adhered it to a basic black small oval. This was adhered to the basic black card front. The card base is certainly celery. To finish the card off, I added the circle which is folded in half, put an eyelet thru and tied a bow using black gingham ribbon. That little pink flower that I found in my stash was just perfect to add next to the sentiment using a gold brad. The image was attached with dimensionals.
This is such a beautiful sketch! I will be using it again soon! Thanks for looking.

16 comments:

Becky said...

This is beautiful, it is great when you can kill 2 birds with one stone :).

Elizabeth said...

Very cute! I love that little PB hedgehog! Great job on the Mojo sketch!

Jacquel said...

This is too cute! Love the Penny Black stamps....great work!!!

tracie said...

Oh very cute card Ellie, fab image and that embossing is gorgoeus.
Thanks for joining us this week
Happy New Year
Hugs
Tracie :)x

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Super cute Ellie! Love the color combo, very fresh! Great image too. Fun card! :)

Pat (mspfd) said...

This could not be cuter. I just love your wonderful designand take on the challenge! Precious image.

Marcea said...

gorgeous card, such fresh colours. Thanks for joining us this week on pbsc
-x-

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I love those hedgie images and this one is so adorable. I think the pot is the perfect terra cotta colors. Great use of the sketch.

Kim Dellow said...

Oh this is very elegant. Lovely card. Kim

Pauline C said...

Beautiful combination of paper and embossing, plus i think your colouring is fab! Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week
Pauline x

Enfys said...

Great job on the challenge (s), great job on the colouring too, just love those copics.

Kentucky Paper Kreations said...

This card is adorable!

Robin

specialcraftmom4 said...

What a cute card! That stamp is so cute (:

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

Beautiful birds! Thanks for checking my blog!

Anjou Krelovich said...

Adorable! I love Penny Black and you do an amazing job with them!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So darling. Beautiful coloring. Thanks for playing! :)