Pinned Post


Please click HERE to join in "Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday" challenge.


Please click HERE to join in "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge.


Jan 4, 2009

FS challenge 100 Whimsy Owl


Today on SCS the featured Stamper is JulieHRR. I love her gallery and have always admired her work. I chose this card. And what better stamp to used than my new Whimsy Owl stamp?!
I stamped the owl with Memento tuxedo black ink and colored it with copic markers. I applied pink stickles to the owl's eyelashes. Melissa from mmedesigns did that on one of her owl cards and I just loved that idea! Thanks for the inspiration, Melissa!!
The image was adhered to SU's certainly celery prints designer paper and then mounted to the card base, which is GP white with dimensionals. To finish this card off, I added the ribbon and the felt flower with black, and used my stamp-a-majig to stamp the sentiment.

Stamps: whimsy owl, SU-sentiments (from vases in vogue)
Ink: memento tuxedo black
Paper: GP white 110lb, certainly celery print by SU
Accessories: celery grosgrain ribbon, felt flower, brad - all SU, stickles glitter, dimensionals.

Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

this is tooo cute! love your darling owl image and the soft colors you used for him:)

Deb said...

This is SO cute! JulieHRR would be proud!

Jacquel said...

Too cute...that image is adorable!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

What an adorable image! Love your coloring. Super cute card.

Anonymous said...

This is so adorable!! What a sweet image. Great job on the FSchallenge!
smiles,Deena

Covered In Crafts said...

Oh my goodness what a cutie! I just adore that owl. You did a great job!! THe colors are perfect!

loretta said...

Adorable, simply adorable!

Gramrussell said...

Love, love , love it!

Sharon said...

This is really cute - lovely card.

Ann said...

That owl is cracking me up--looks like he had a rough night! ;) Very cute card!

Barb said...

LOL! That owl cracks me up! Perfect colors, and love the clean layout.