Pinned Post


Please click HERE to join in "Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday" challenge.


Please click HERE to join in "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge.


Jan 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Whimsy Turtle




I made this card for my Brother-in-Laws Birthday. I don't think it is too girly, what do you think?
Stampin' Meg from Peacock Paperie had such a cute card posted on her blog with this folding technique. I knew I had to try it.
The card base (kiwi Kiss) measures 8.5 x 4.25, scored at 3 inches. The little card base inside measures 6.75x 2.5 scored at 3.25 inches. It looks hard, but is really easy to make.
This cute image is from Whimsy stamps , it was colored using Prismacolor Pencil and blended with baby oil. I sponged some bashful blue on the sky portion of the image and not quite navy on the water portion of the image. The balloons were made by punching 1/2 inch circles and I attached a clear bubble to each one. Embellishments used are a paper clip with teal ribbon,. The sentiment was cut out into a banner and I folded it up and tucked it under the paper clip.

Stamps: Whimsy Turtle, Birthday Whimsy sentiment (by SU),
Paper: Kiwi kiss, taken with teal, Designer Paper (SU), white (georgia Pacific)
Ink: black
Accessories: clear bubbles (joann), half inch circle punch (SU), paper clip, ribbon, prismacolor pencils.

Thanks for looking.

18 comments:

Loreen said...

That came out awesome!! Great job =)

sumbine said...

Fabulous card, i like the fresh colors.

Hugs Sabine

Bev said...

Oh this is fabulous! I really love the image, such wonderful colouring too

hugs Bev x

Darlene said...

I think it's JUST FINE!! LOVE the turtle ... and your coloring is perfect!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I think it's a great guy card. And what a cool idea for a different kind of fold.

Becky said...

I just love this turtle :). The card is great, love the colors.

Sue said...

not to girlie, it's a fab card, luv it, sue.x

Diane said...

A great card.....great idea with the balloons, too...thanks for sharing!

Jamie Martin said...

This card is super cute! The image is adorable :)

Anjou Krelovich said...

Great card! I love that fold and the clear dots on the flowers are genius! Adorable.

Kay said...

That turtle is ADORABLE and so is the card (but in a very manly sort of way, obv!)

loretta said...

simply adorable. This came out so nicely!

loretta said...

This is so wonderful! The coloring is so great!

Anonymous said...

The colors are wonderful!

Paula said...

Just love the turtle image...super card!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

This is adorable Ellie! Love the fold style and the great coloring. The little balloons look fab as well as the sentiment tag. Not too girly at all! :) Great work! I'll add this one to the gallery today or tomorrow. :)

Anonymous said...

This is just darling!! I love this!! ;) TFS!!

Amy Johnson said...

This is wonderful! I love the way it opens!