Pinned Post


Please click HERE to join in "Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday" challenge.


Please click HERE to join in "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge.


May 11, 2009

Digital Tuesday Challenge #6 My Grafico

Hello and happy Tuesday!
Today we have another fun challenge for you over on the Digital Tuesday Challenge blog, and this time around it was Carisa's turn to come up with a challenge. She chose "Non-traditional folding cards or non-traditional shapes. I love this challenge and love all the samples the rest of the Design Team came up with. You have to go check them out!! We also have a new sponsor this week, MyGrafico is giving away one set of digistamps to one one lucky winner.
My grafico also generously let us designers use one of their sets, and this one was so much fun to work with.
I went with a gate fold card for the challenge. It is a pretty simple fold, I just used a 5.5 x 8.5 inches paper and scored at 2.125 on both sides. The band with the the spaceboy just slides off . I used my scallop circle punch by SU to create white clouds and I applied stickles to the edges. Images were colored with copics, the stars were stamped using craft ink. "happy birthday" sentiment is from a retired SU set, and I computer generated the inside part of the sentiment. Colors used are night of navy, real red and going gray. I embellished using ribbon and stickles.
I hope you like today's card, and I hope you will get a chance to play along this week so we can see what you all come up with.

11 comments:

Erin... said...

Love this Ellie! What a great fold! And such a cute little astronaut! fun shimmery star too!

Laura VanVleet said...

This is so adorable!!! What a great idea! You are so creative!

Maria Matter said...

This is such a fun card Ellie! I can't believe all the different folds the DT came up with for this challenge!
I think your gate fold card turned out great, these images are too cute!
Blessings, Maria

Jennifer Talley said...

Wow, what a fun card. Love it!

Heidi said...

Oh I just love that little floating girl!

theneon said...

This card is simply the cutest! And, it doesn't stop on the outside -- beautiful presentation on the inside too!

Anonymous said...

aww he's so cute what a lovely card x

Jan said...

Super cute card, Ellie!

Gingerbread Gal♥ said...

Wow Ellie! This is so incredible! The coloring is fabulous and I love the sparkle! Great Job!
:) Rachel

Emma said...

Totally fantastic card...love it!
Emma x

Sharon said...

Great card Ellie. A boy would love that for his birthday.