Aug 30, 2009

Penny Black meets Sketch Saturday

Hello and a happy sunday to all of you!

I made this card last night using the sketch from sketch saturday. Love this penny black image, it is called "message from above". So fun to color.


The designer paper is a brand new one I just got yesterday from Bo Bunny and the sentiment is from SU. Card stock is all from SU - melon mambo, basic black and kiwi kiss. I used a scallop rectangle nestabilies shape to frame the image and then adhered that to melon mambo card stock. To finish off the card I added some stickles glitter to the flower centers and a prima flower with a button from SU.

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog. Hope you like the card.

Ellie.

8 comments:

L.Nielsen (Lynda) said...

Wow Ellie, that card is gorgeous!!!
I love the Dp's, I wonder why I never noticed those in my S.U. catalog... I love them, I have to try and locate them now. =)

Hugs
Lynda =)

Janet said...

Very cute! I love this image - & you colored the flowers to match the DP very well.

Amy Johnson said...

Lovely card Ellie! I love Penny Black images. Such beautiful coloring too!

dolls like us said...

I love what you do you are so talented .

~Michelle~ said...

this is beautiful! Love the color scheme/papers you chose....beautiful coloring! :)

CoveredInCrafts said...

WoW great coloring!

xiumaiyuki said...

This card is darling! That hedge hodge is so adorable. I love the way you colored him. :)

Vicki said...

Awwww so cute! Great colors and accents! Blessings to you!