Pinned Post


Please click HERE to join in "Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday" challenge.


Please click HERE to join in "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge.


Feb 26, 2010

A floral birthday card

Happy Friday everyone and thanks so much for visiting me!!

I did not feel like creating anything the last week or so, even though I had so many ideas in my head. I ended up quitting right before I actually started. Then one day I decided to look through my favorites on Splitcoast in hopes to get inspired to finally make something. Came across this card and decided to recreate it.




I chose very similar things that I had on hand and changed the colors a bit. I haven't used a background stamp in a long time. This was so much fun!! Did a little bit of sponging and distressing along the edges and then decided that stitches would look nice too.

The flourish stamp is from Stampabilities (Vintage Flourish), and the background stamp is from Stampin Up (French Script). Flowers and butterflies were done using punches by Stampin Up and Martha Stewart. To finish off the card I added some tiny pearls and eggplant ribbon. The sentiment is from the Penny Black clear set Critter Party. I also stamped a little bit of the flourish to the sentiment oval for a little extra color and layered it on a nestabilies label 8 diecut.
Hope you liked my card even though it wasn't my idea and is not my regular style.

3 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely elegant card. Anesha

Jacee said...

This is so pretty, very delicate, really love it.

raindropecho said...

Beautiful card, Ellie! Love the colors and that butterfly is just so precious!