Oct 11, 2010

DTC #80 Sew Special

Hi everyone and happy tuesday!

Hope you had a fantastic holiday weekend. We had some gorgeous weather here, it was around 75 degrees Fahrenheit here most of the weekend ( around 80 at some point!) and that in the middle of October. Wow! We surely enjoyed that. Hope it stays nice for just a little bit longer, I am just not ready yet for my winters coat.

Onto my card for today, it's Michelle's turn to host our challenge at Digital Tuesday and she wants to see some

sewing - real of faux
Of course I went with real, love my janome mini for all of my sewing needs (most of which is sewing on cards of course - I never sew anything else!)

Our sponsor this week, Designed to Delight generously let the Design Team members play with their images. I choose the set Tweet Friend. Besides the cute bird image it has some sentiments too, one of which I used on this card.


I printed the image on couture 80lb card stock and colored it with my derwent coloursoft pencils and baby oi. The designer paper is from a retired stampin up pack. I thought it would go so well with the image.

I've embellished with some sizzix leaves (SU die), tiny flowers (SU punch), some pearls, my brand new Martha Stewart Punch, ribbon and of course glitter. As I mentioned above, the sentiment is from this same digi set. Before I adhered all of the elements I did some machine sewing around each designer paper panel.

I know it looks kind of simple but I thought the image looked so elegant, I didn't want to overpower it with too much stuff.

Here's a closeup of the image.

My card also fits these challenges:

I hope you get to to join us in this week's digital tuesday challenge. There is a fabulous prize up for grabs from our sponsor Designed to Delight!

Also wanted to remind you that there is still time to enter this month's Penny Black @ All Sorts challenge blog, lots of prizes up for grabs there this month, including weekly prizes too.


Have a great day
Ellie.

16 comments:

louise said...

Love the colours on your card and all the stitching, fab card.
Louise xx

Berenice R. said...

So beautiful card! Thanks for sharing :)

Tami said...

Thanks so much for playing at Gingerloft and sharing your wonderful art!! Great job

Jaspere said...

I love what you came up with. The colors, design and sewing are perfect.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how beautiful!! I so love your coloring of the bird!! Great colors and design. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light leaf challenge.

Kristine Reynolds said...

WOW Ellie...you got a lot of challenges in this one Card! Love the colors and the image! Great job on the Sewing challenge!

Becky said...

OH what beautiful colors and beautiful card, love the stitching. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

andrea said...

gorgeous card,love the colours and fab detail thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
andrea

Cheryl said...

Very cute!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

WOW, Ellie, this is such a beautiful card!!!! Thanks so much for takng the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

jimlynn said...

Gorgeous card and your sewing is just stunning! So pretty.
Lynn

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful Ellie!
Your stitching is wonderful!!! I like the sparkly flowers and all the pretty pearls too!
hugs & blessings!

Sandy O said...

Oh, Ellie, this is soooo pretty. Love the colors and boarder punch you used!

Anneke said...

Hi Ellie,
So beautiful this card!!
Hugs Anneke

Marilyn said...

Fabulous card & very creative! Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us Blog.

Chrissy D said...

This is DELIGHTFUL! Love the blues! Thank you for joining us in the ODBDSLC!