Nov 12, 2010

Stamp Something - Digi Week

Happy Friday!!

It's already time for another challenge over at stamp something and it's time again for
Digi-Week.

Use any of your digital stamps to join the fun, that's the only challenge so you can all join in.
We have several awesome sponsors again - Some Odd Girl, Sassy Studios, Sew many cards, Digi Doodle Shop and Whimsy Stamps. Several chances to win!!




I was able to choose a digi from Whimsy Stamps, this one is called "Classic Santa" and it's from the Crissy Armstrong collection, newly released.
I didn't have a good santa stamp or image yet and this one is just was perfect! Plus I love being able to resize this image!
Thanks so much Denise!!

Oh and speaking of Whimsy, they have an awesome Digistamp sale right now and ending on November 14th - 50% off all Digistamps. You might want to check into that, lots and lots to choose from!


I've colored Santa using Derwent coloursoft pencils and blended with baby oil. Then I sponged the edges using Always Artichoke ink (stampin up). I used an old SU christmas verse stamp on the scallop circle behind the image and also sponged the edges. The Designer Paper is from Basic Grey's Figgy Pudding collection that I had in my stash for over a year ago.

I made the flowers (poinsettias maybe?) using a retired Stampin Up Punch and the leaves with Martha Stewart's branch punch. Sentiment is from Stampin Up. I didn't have any gold brads so I used copper ones and covered them with gold stickles. To finish the card off I sewed all the edges and added stickles here and there around the edges and the flowers.

I would like to enter this card to the following challenges:

I hope you'll join us at stamp something this week, and if you happen to use something from your stash that you had for a while and never used before then you can also enter it to this week's Digital Tuesday Challenge for another chance at a great prize! I am also having a mini DT call for the Digital Tuesday Challenge blog if anyone is interested (info on the challenge blog).

Happy (digi)stamping,
Ellie.

14 comments:

*Vicki* said...

WOW Ellie!! This is so gorgeous hun!! I love your use of this image and your flowers are so stunning!!HUGS

Maria Matter said...

so beautiful Ellie!
fab coloring too!
hugs & blessings!

cardcrazy said...

Such a lovely card! Thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Wonderful DP on this project, Ellie. Love the flowers too. Great added glitter addition.

Smiles!
Gwen DTC@ACLP

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Ellie :-) I love this Santa ,, soo cute and the paper, flowers and sentient are all perfect ,, fabulous colouring :-)

Love the Mario card too,,,, brilliant !!! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Cathy said...

Fabulous card and that Santa is great. Love the papers and embellies. Thank you for joining in the ABC Challenge this time.
Cathy xx

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Love this adorable Santa image!! Fablous card!

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Fabulous Santa card!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at ACLP!!
Sheri-ACLP DT

Crissy Armstrong said...

This is really fantastic! I love your wonderful soft colouring on Santa. WEll done! Lovely layout and embellishing too! Thanks so much for playing at Sundays With Crissy!

Dena said...

This is so adorable! What a cute image!
Thanks for playing in the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena

~*Joni said...

Ellie he is adorable! The papers you used with him are just perfect, warmer hues of red and green suit this jolly fellow perfectly. ;) Thank you so much for joining in on our color challenge at ACLP!
~*Joni ACLP DT

Vanja said...

Fabulous card! I love the image.
Thank you for joining us at CCT!:)

Hugs, Vanja

mycardz said...

Wow! I love your card. You did an awesome job coloring this adorable Santa. Your flower placement is perfect! Just gorgeous!! So glad you could join us at Sundays With Crissy! Thank you. hugz, Mary

Crissy Armstrong said...

Hi again Ellie! I chose this card to win my Artist's Choice Award at Sundays With Crissy! If you want you can go back to the blog and pick up your trophy to display on your blog. Congratulations! Your project deserved the honours!