Pinned Post


Please click HERE to join in "Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday" challenge.


Please click HERE to join in "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge.


Feb 8, 2011

DTC #97 - From the Heart - valentines card

Happy tuesday everyone and thank you for visiting my blog today! We have another fun challenge for you this week over at digital tuesday. The amazing Shelly is our hostess and she chose the theme

From the heart - valentine's theme

Our sponsor, Paper pretties, generously let each design team member choose one of their cute images. I chose the image "caffeine mouse". What a cutie!!

I used derwent coloursoft pencils and baby oil for coloring. The image was printed out twice so I could pop up the mouses head, but it is hard to see in the picture. The edges were sponged with some turquois ink. My papers are old ones from stampin up. I embellished with some cuttlebug hearts, ribbon and stickles glitter.

Some challenges I combined here:
I hope you'll join us this week, there is a fabulous prize up for grabs from paper pretties.


And just a reminder, there is still lots of time to play in this month's Penny Black at All sorts challenge with the theme of "say it with flowers". Lots of prizes up for grabs there, all you have to do is make a card using a Penny Black image and then use some flowers.

Hope you'll have a fantastic day!

7 comments:

Louise said...

Hi Ellie
Gorgeous card and great choice of colours.
Louise xx

karen said...

Hi Ellie, he is soo cute, what a fab card, lovely colouring, hugs, Karenx

Amy Johnson said...

How adorable! I love how you did the sentiment!

Anonymous said...

AWW!! Ellie, this is really precious!! I adore that long eared mouse!! Your coloring and layout are gorgeous hun!HUGS

Maria Matter said...

this is so adorable Ellie! that little fellow looks quite happy soaking in the teacup! :)
love your coloring and design here!!
hugs & blessings!

Jules said...

Hi Ellie

Gorgeous layout on this and I love how you have layered up the image.

Lovely delicate backing papaers too.

Love Jules xx

Anne-Marije said...

Oh what an amazing card with that cute little mouse!
xxx Anne-Marije