Pinned Post


Please click HERE to join in "Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday" challenge.


Please click HERE to join in "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge.


Feb 9, 2011

Phindy's Place Challenge and a winner announcement

Hello and happy wednesday! Hope you're having a great week so far! It's freezing here in Illinois, I hope this cold doesn't last too long!

Before I get to my card I would like to announce the "Whimsy Stamps" digi -hop winner. My blog was one of the chosen stops for a prize. Thank you to everyone that hopped along with us!!

The winner is Grace from Th-ink-ing of you.

Congrats Grace, you get to choose one digital stamp of your choice from Whimsy stamps. Please email Debbie at

Today is also rubber release day at Whimsy Stamps and the Rubber Stamps Design Team have organized a blog hop to show off all of the new amazing products again.
Click here if you'd like to hop along!


------------------------------------------------------------

Now onto my card... last week the card I entered for Phindy's challenge was chosen as the Card of the Week and I got a 20% store discount. My card uses one of the images I got with my discount. I absolutely love this one!! It's called "Hot Cocoa". Had to make a card with it right away!

I printed it on Gina K layering weight card stock and then colored it with my derwent coloursoft pencils and baby oil. If you have ever had problems with ink smearing, someone shared a solution with me. Just choose "photo-paper" on your printer settings, but use your card stock. It takes a little longer to print but I have not had any problems since.

Unfortunately when I was all done with my card and applied stickles the part with phindy's signature smeared from the stickles. Wish I could cover it with some flowers but they just wouldn't fit into the layout so I will probably just redo the image and use less stickles.

Of course I wanted to play along in Phindy's Challenge this week, the theme is "embossing". I used a hearts cuttlebug embossing folder. The edges were all sponged with caramel ink and then distressed. I kept the card pretty simple, embellished with a couple of flourishes (tim holtz), and some ribbon. My sentiment is from a retired SU set.

Besides Phindy's Challenge I have combined a few others, Claudia and Co wants to see pink, blue and brown, Papertake weekly wants to see a heart. C.R.A.F.T challenge wants to see a diecut.

That's all for today! I hope you liked my card! I will be back tomorrow with another card using a brand new (to be released tomorrow) meljen's image.

Have a great day and stay warm!!
Ellie.

13 comments:

Philomena said...

This is adorable Ellie. Love the blue and brown color scheme, your tiny embossed hearts and all yor othr pretty touches.
So glad you joined us again at Phindy's Place!

Trimgym said...

Great project , thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won or made our Top3.

Jo and Tigerlover.

Grace said...

Hi Ellie! WooHoo!!! I'm so excited to have won a free digi! Love your card today and congrats on your win as well!!! Your color combo is perfect and I can't see the smear... it's adorable!!! Thanks! Off to choose my image... I know of at least 3 I just have to have! LOL! :)

hugs,
Grace

Unknown said...

Georgeous!!! thanks for sharing your design with us at CRAFT Challenge this week.

Kerry x

Jill said...

gorgeous card Ellie love the image and the flowers you've used thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Lynda Nielsen said...

Ohhhhh Ellie, this is Gorgeous!!! And a huge congratulations on winning last week! So happy you jumped right in, and played along with us at Phindy's Place again this week.
Hugs,
Lynda

Kathy said...

This is lovely. I adore this image, too, and you've colored it beautifully. Great layout, too. Thanks for playing along with us at Phindy's Place this week.

Ann English said...

Ellie-this is wonderful! I love this image and you've done a fabulous job with it.
Thank you for joining us this week at Phindy's Place. I hope to see you again soon!

Anne said...

What an adorable card, glad you are making good use of your voucher:)
Thank you for joining us and taking the Phindy’s Place Challenge, do hope you’ll join us again this Friday!
Hugs
Anne

Sheri Gilson said...

Adorable card!! Love the embossed background. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Claudia & Co this week!!
Sheri-C&Co DT

~*Joni said...

Aww Ellie, what a sweet image! It's still quite cold in our area, so hot cocoa is very popular with the kiddos (and me - heehee!). Adorable card, I love your layers and the tilted focal point, your embellishments are perfect! Wonderful job this week, thank you so much for joining in on our color challenge this week at Claudia and Company!
~*Joni C&Co. DT

KarenB said...

So warm and inviting, I love it!! Thanks for playing at CRAFT Challenge.

SusanLotus said...

Very sweet card! The stamp is too cute :)