Pinned Post


Please click HERE to join in "Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday" challenge.


Please click HERE to join in "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge.


Sep 21, 2011

Whimsy Stamps Sept. Rubber & die release FINAL showcase day

Hi Whimsy fans!

On September 14th we released our fabulous new rubber stamps and dies. Over the past week the Whimsy Stamps DT and Whimsy Special Guests have been showcasing these awesome new goodies, and each day we held a 24hr mini blog hop where you could enter to win a prize! So be sure to visit the Whimsy Inspirations blog to see if you are one of the lucky winners.

Although the mini blog hop prize draws have ended, we still have one final day of showcases for you, so please visit today's DT to take a peek at their final new release projects:



Finally, you will be pleased to hear that we are releasing a Whimsy Inspirations Mini Magazine today that focuses on the new release stamps!! Simply click the link above to check it out.

And here is my card for today.

I used the stamp cat-o-lantern by Meljen's which was just
released in rubber. I also used the stamp set "lavish flourishes" by raindrop echo, also just released. I just inked it up with pumpkin ink, stamped off once and then stamped on the white piece of card stock for a lighter look.

The Designer Paper is from DCWV harvest stack. I embellished with a button and twine (my favorite embellishments at the moment), sponged the edges and then sewed the edges with my janome sew mini.
Not sure if it is visible in the photo, but the "hat" and pumpkin front were popped up on dimensionals.

Coloring was done with derwent coloursoft pencils and blended with baby oil.
Here is a close up of the cute image.

Oh, and the sentiment is from a retired Stampin Up set.

I would love to enter my card to the following challenges.
And that should be all for today. I hope you liked my card and enjoyed the mini blog hop!
Have a great day!!

15 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this card is soooo cute! love this image a lot!!!
Hugs, Heidi

LaJanette said...

Great card Ellie; love your coloring and the stitching is just right! Oh yeah you can almost never go wrong with a button:0) I love LOVE the flourishes....give the perfect touch!

Hugs;
Janette

Glennis F said...

This is just so cute

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Creation I Love your work and hope to see more of it

Thanks for Joining us atPaper Creations Ink

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

so cute

Arts by Sara said...

Ellie... I love your card! All the stitching is awesome! The image is a perfect match to your sentiment!! Thank You for joining us at Paper Creations Ink! Have a wonderful weekend! Happy Creating! Sara

Carrie's Corner said...

Lovely fall card and cute image! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges.

Hugs
Carrie

Anonymous said...

This is adorable! I love how you popped up the hat and pumpkin front.

Julia said...

Beautiful Card! Love the image. Thanks for joining us at Paper Creations Ink. Hugs, Julia.

BethieJ said...

Your card is so CUTE! I Love that cute image!
Thank you for joining us at PIO!
Have a GREAT day!

Designing with Debbie said...

Beautiful card, love the image it is so precious. Beautiful stitch work and I love the DP.

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

what a gorgeous card love the colors thanks for joining us at SFC.......

HUgs
Bella

lisbeth said...

Love your card. Thanks for joining us at OLLCB this week

Helen said...

Awww...such a sweet card!
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
Helen x

DesigNeAl said...

Fantastic Halloween card!! I love your colouring and stitching, and the image is super cute.
Thanks for sharing with OLL with beautiful Punches and Dies creation; we hope to see you again soon x