Pinned Post


Please click HERE to join in "Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday" challenge.


Please click HERE to join in "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge.


Jan 7, 2012

Stamping Bella Challenge on SCS

I have been wanting to play in the Stamping Bella challenges before but never could figure out where the challenges were on the Stamping Bella blog. And now I found that there is a Stamping Bella challenge on SCS, so I thought I'd play along.

This week the challenge is a sketch challenge.
Here is what I made.



And this is the sketch provided.


I used the stamp "Lacie with Ice Cream". It's been colored with Derwent Coloursoft Pencils and blended with baby oil.

My color combo was inspired by this week's challenge at Phindy's Place, which is brown, teal and green. Such beautiful colors!
The flowery paper and green paper are from lime twist, I don't remember unfortunately who the maker of the pretty printed paper is.

The sentiment is by Whimsy Stamps from the set "Friendship Notables 2", I also used "Whimsy's Notables 2 "shapeology die to cut it out.
It's a pretty simple card. I just used some twine and a button to embellish and did some machine sewing.

I would also love to enter it to Bronte and Bella's Challenge with the theme of anything goes using a Mo Manning image, and then since I borrowed the colors from Phindy's Place (colors teal, brown, moss/celery, white) I would like to enter it there as well.

Thank you so much for looking!
Enjoy the rest of you weekend!

16 comments:

Catherine said...

Gorgeous card, I love the stitching! Thanks for joining us at Phindys Place this week...

Jaspere said...

Ellie your cards are always amazing. Miss you on DTC.

Elaine L. said...

Great colors on this sweet card, Ellie! Your stitching is wonderful, too! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

Retro Dolly said...

It's awesome for you to be entering the challenges. You have talent and inspiration to be shared. Great work!

Alina said...

beautiful card, Ellie, I love this colour combination! thank you for joining us at Mo's Challenge!
hugs, Alina

Michelle (aka Meechelle) said...

Great job with the sketch! Love the colors that you used.

Emkay said...

Adorable! I love your colour choice.

Amy Johnson said...

This is such a sweet card! I love how you did the twine with the button and all the stitching.

Jacquel said...

What a cute card & great layout as well! Awesome work & TFS!!!

uksharon said...

I adore this digi and you have done it proud. Beautiful card.
Thanks for joining us at Phindys Place this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card! I love the design, papers and stitching. As always, your coloring is wonderful.

Just Me said...

Very cute card. Bella is just adorable.
I have never stitched on a card, am going to have to try it. Really adds to the card.

Anneke said...

Hi Ellie, what a sweet digi :) And what a amazing card have you made!!
Hugs Anneke

Mervi said...

Cute image and fab colouring again,
sweet card;-))m

Payne Holler Cards said...

love your coloring! adorable card!
thanks for joining in our color challenge at Phindy's (-:

Ann English said...

Darling-love the colors, the image, the sketch!
Thank you for joining us this week at Phindy's Place!