Pinned Post


Please click HERE to join in "Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday" challenge.


Please click HERE to join in "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge.


Jun 3, 2012

Penny Black and More - Favorite things

Happy Sunday and thanks so much for visiting!!

It's the first Sunday in June, and if you have been following my blog then you know what that means...a new challenge over at Penny Black and more, which again means new prizes to be won! I hope you'll join us!


This should be an easy one for everyone, it's


"Favorite things". 


It was hard to choose a favorite Penny Black stamp because I really love them all! So I just went with one of the very first PB stamps that I purchased, it's called "Water Lily Skiing".




I colored it using my Faber Castell Polychromos pencils, which is another one of my favorite products. I just love how bright the colors turn out. And they are so easy to blend.

I did another brayered background on this card...still learing how to do do it correctly, but I guess it's not too bad.

The image was stamped twice, once onto white cardstock, colored  and then cut  out, then the second time I stamped it onto the brayered background and adhered the cut out image to it.

The palm trees in the foreground are from an old Stampin Up set.

I used a sentiment  from the set "Summer Letter Seals" by Whimsy Stamps.
I am entering the card to the following challenges:

this is the inspiration photo
for stamptacular
 
If you'd like to join us this month, please visit the Penny Black and More challenge blog to find out how to play along, or to link your creation.
  Designing for 
 
 Remember you don't have to use a penny black stamp, any company rubber or clear stamp works. Can't wait to see what your favorites are!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!



16 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Adorable card.

Maria Matter said...

adorable Ellie, love the vivid colors!
hugs & blessings

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous card Ellie, l agree such a difficult choice of stamp - this one is gorgeous and l love the vibrancy of the colours you have used. Take care x Susan x

Doreen said...

Lovely card. The image is super cute and the colours fab
Many thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' and Stamptacular Sunday this week
Hugs
Doreen

Tracey T said...

This is gorgeous and the brayered background is fabulous. I wouldn't know where to start! Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

Tracy said...

Hi Ellie,
I love your favourite things, it is hard to choose from PB stamps though. This is a gorgeous creation and beautiful colouring.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Anonymous said...

hi ellie, this is such a sweet card! the image is so cute and your brayered background is lovely. i love the vibrant colours too.
linda

Mervi said...

Hi Ellie,
wow,so adorable,
love your gorgeous card;-))m

Mieke said...

What a sweety! This is so adorable! Beautiful card.

Fiona said...

fab card and perfect stitching!!

Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

Fi
x

Linby said...

Beautifully serene Ellie and I love the colours.
Lynn x

Natali said...

Beautiful card. So cute little mouse. Love glitter in lovely butterfly and great idea with sentiment.
Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` “Your Favourite Stamp” Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
Hugs
Natali

Ann Marie Governale said...

What an adorable card. You know I love the lotus flower, too!! Thanks for playing with us at Stamptacular Sundays. xxx Ann Marie

Cat said...

Love the stitching on your pretty card! Thanks for joining the Pixies at Pixie Dust Studio!

Iris Wiechmann said...

Oh wow what a beautiful card! Love the stitching and the mouse is just the cutest! You colored that image to perfection Ellie!

Hugs,
Iris

Anonymous said...

Just adorable.Hugs Sheila.x