Pinned Post


Please click HERE to join in "Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday" challenge.


Please click HERE to join in "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge.


Jul 19, 2012

Hugs and Kisses

It's been a while since I used this cute digi Siku and Shiya by Mo Manning. But I thought it would be perfect to use for this week's Bella and Bronte's challenge which is Hugs and Kisses.
 


 I colored the image  using my Faber Castell Polychromos pencils and then cut it out.  It's a pretty simple card, just the style I love at the moment.

I cut out the hills using my old creative memories cutting system. I stamped white snowflakes onto the blue card stock using Stampin up's "itty bitty backgrounds" stamp and white craft ink. The hills were sewed on using sewing machine.

The sentiment is from the set "Winter Notables 1" and it was cut out using the Notables 1 shapeology die.
I added a few snowflakes and some glitter to finish it off.



In addition to Bella and Bronte's challenge I am playing along in a few others, Stampavie and More with the theme of Christmas In Summer, at digital tuesday the challenge is "all tied up", and at Simon Says Stamp and Show... anything goes this week, so I am entering it there too. 


That should be about all. Thank you so much for visiting! 


I hope you all have a wonderful day!

14 comments:

Ani said...

This is so cute!

Debbie said...

I love what you did with this card, All the detail, especially how you sewed on the hills. Now that's something I've never done and that is, I've never sewn on a card before.

Thanks so much for joining us at Mo's this week.

Hugs
Debbie

Pat said...

How absolutely gorgeous! I love how you created a Winter Wonderland with the hills and snowflakes...and your coloring is so, so pretty! I'm so glad that you've joined us this week at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

Mynn xx said...

Oh, this is just fabulous!!!! LOVE all the stitching and your sentiment is fabulous with your image and snowflake accents! LOVE this!!! :)

Mervi said...

Hi Ellie,
oh wow this is absolutely stunning, love your stitching and design.
Cute image coloured so beautifully.
hugs'n'greetings;-))m

brenda said...

Hello Ellie,

I am making my way round everybody testing out this new system, profile so good.

Your card is just lovely and the images are coloured so expertly, really great work.

Have a lovely weekend.

B x

Amy Johnson said...

This is so sweet, pretty, and creative! Love the snowhills and the fluff on their coats!

Tracy said...

I'm so glad you joined in our challenge at Mo's this week Ellie. Those Eskimo kisses couldn't be more perfect. :-) I love your stitched hills and stamped snow. So many fun little extras that make this card great. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

wow, ellie, this is so adorable! beautifully coloured, as always and i love the subtle snowflakes in the background, the sentiment die, i love all of it. :) oh, and the stitching - i almost want to buy a new sewing machine; but i think my sewing would be as crooked as my faux stitching.
linda

Brandie said...

Your cards are so cute! Love the stitching....I wanna try that out! :-)

Unknown said...

Ellie this is gorgeous what a beautiful card well done Hugs Elaine

Krafty Kows said...

Hi Ellie - thank you for leaving your kind comment today - I do hope you get some rain soon. I simply adore this card. The image is so so cute. I must really invest in some Mo Manning images. I love all stitching you use on your cards. I'm afraid I haven't been brave enough to try that yet! Jeanette

Terry said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderfull card with the DT from SSS and S. Love the colors and the images is just great, good luck hugs terry xxx

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card is gorgeous. Love your coloring of Mo's adorable image. I really like how you cut them out and put them into the landscape, this is so creative.