Pinned Post


Please click HERE to join in "Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday" challenge.


Please click HERE to join in "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge.


Dec 15, 2012

D is for Deck the Halls

Good morning everyone and thanks for visiting!
It's the 15th of the month and we have a new challenge for you over at ABC challenges. We're at letter D and our challenge is 

D is for Deck the Hall

We'd like to see your handmade holiday decorations, or use an image where someone is "decking the halls". Can't wait to see your creations! LOTV is our sponsor today, and who wouldn't want to win a LOTV prize??!!


Here's what I created using one of their super cute stamps, I think it's called "Woodland Christmas".

I decided to create a tree decoration using the Shape EZ Flip ornament downloadable cut file from Whimsy Stamps. I don't have an electronic cutter, so I printed out the pdf file and just freehand cut out the shape of the ornament.

Besides printing it on brushed gold card stock, I also printed it onto designer paper.
The image was colored  using Faber Castell Polychromos pencils. I added lots of glitter to the snowy hills. I just so much love this cute image with all those cute critters!
It's been embellished with a snowflake using one of the dies from the Layered Snowflakes Die set by Whimsy Stamps. Finished it off with some ribbon and a button with gold cord, and then added a few clear rhinestones. Please excuse my not so perfect cutting here, the gold card stock was a little bit heavy, so it wasn't very easy. Sometimes one of the electronic cutters would sure come in handy, but I don't think I would use one very much so I haven't gotten around buying one yet.

I am playing along in the following challenges:
Thanks again for visiting.
Have a wonderful weekend!!

7 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

Such a cute ornament!

Anonymous said...

Very sweet ornament, will look wonderful on the tree, Wishing you and your family a very Happy Christmas
Hugs Julie P

Shelia said...

Such a sweet little ornament!! Beautiful coloring on the images too. Thanks for playing along with us at DRS Designs.

Anonymous said...

this is a beautiful ornament ellie! i have that adorable image (it's bunnies) and i love it. the designer paper, check bow and snowflake with the button are all such pretty touches.

Words and Pictures said...

Hi - popped over from ABC for a closer look... this is enchanting! The image is adorable, and I love the bauble framing you've given it...
Alison x

Crafting Vicky said...

Super cute tree decoration. Just love the details.

Thanks for joining us as Dutch Dare Card Challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

happyscrapper said...

This is fabulous. I love ornaments and this one is beautiful. The scene created is lovely. Thanks for sharing your ornament.
Hugz,
Christine Dt at Delightful Challenges