Pinned Post


Please click HERE to join in "Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday" challenge.


Please click HERE to join in "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge.


Jun 15, 2014

Slightly nutty but very sweet

A few weeks ago I came across a really cute pin on Pinterest for Father's Day, and I really wanted to make something similar. So I made this tag to go with a jar of Peanut M&M's for my kids to give to their Daddy on Father's Day. 


I used many different mediums to create this, dylusions, gesso, distress inks, embossing powder, archival black ink... Also used several different stamps and some stencils too. The verse was simply printed out on the computer, cut apart and inked the edges. The leave stamps that you can see are from a Penny Black clear stamp set. The hearts are from a very old SU stamp set. To emboss around the edges I inked them up using distress ink and then added the embossing powder. 


The tag turned out a little bit larger than I wanted it to (didn't look at my jar before I made it), but I think he will love using it as a book mark. (He loves reading!) 

Playing along here:
Crazy 4 Challenges - Stenciling
Pumpkin spice -  Masculine
MilkCoffee Challenge- Fathers Day/Special Male
Paper Crafting Journey -  Anything Goes
Fab 'n' Funky - Humor
Frilly and Funkie - Father's Day/Special man

Hope you have a nice and sunny day!

6 comments:

brenda said...

Your tag is awesome Ellie, so much texture and elements of interest all perfectly combined.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

B x

Unknown said...

Very nice gift and lovely tag.

Sue said...

This is lovely thanks for joining us at Paper Crafting Journey..Sue DT x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous tag, love the Father's Day gift too ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

Judith said...

this is just perfect for fathers day I but this Daddy loved it!! - thank you for playing along at fab'n'funky this week and giving me an extra smile! hugs Judith xx

Jenny Marples said...

Oh I do love that sentiment! The way you've blended the hearts into the embossed edges is fantastic too. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x