Pinned Post


Please click HERE to join in "Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday" challenge.


Please click HERE to join in "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge.


Sep 6, 2014

Just flying by...

It's been a while since I used the kite die and matching sentiment set from Whimsy Stamps, so I decided to get it out and create a card with it. Since my last couple of cards were rather fall-ish, I decided to use some pinks and blues today.


I created the circle background using dylusions inks and stencil. Then cut it out using a circle nestabilities shape, which I layered onto a black circle shape.

Before adhering the circle onto my car base I spritzed some dylusions ink onto the card base and added the vellum striped paper strips. 
As mentioned above the stamp set is by Whimsy Stamps - Take Flight - which includes several fun kite sentiments, and I cut it out using the matching kites die set. The set includes two dies, a larger kite and a smaller kite. The one I used here is the larger one. If you are a scrapbooker, this stamp set and dies would be perfect to use on your summer scrapbook pages. 

Here is what the complete set includes.

  Take Flight

I am playing along here:
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
4 Krafty Girlz -Anything Goes
Delightful Challenges - Don't be Square
Penny's Paper-Crafty -
Anything goes
Creatalicious Challenges - up to the sky

Thanks so much for visiting!

8 comments:

brenda said...

Love the splatter background Ellie and the whole colour palette is very pleasing on the eye.

B x

susiestacey said...

Lovely card Ellie, autumn is just around the corner here too, leaves are quickly falling, enjoy the rest of the weekend x Susan x

heidy said...

Fab card Ellie!!
XXX Heidy

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous, I like the kite
Kevin xx

Laura W said...

Cute, like the ink splatter :) Thanks for joining us at Penny's -see you Wednesday for a new challenge!

Laurian said...

Beautiful creation!

Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and I hope we see you again soon!

Hugz

Laurian

Robin Parker said...

Love the clean and simple look to your creation. Thanks for sharing on the Delightful Challenge of Don't Be Square.

Tammy said...

Fabulous card, I love that kite image and your beautiful spritzed background! Thanks so much for joining us at Creatalicious this month!
Tammy x