Pinned Post


Please click HERE to join in "Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday" challenge.


Please click HERE to join in "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge.


Mar 4, 2015

Bokeh technique ...first try

For today I decided to try a new to me technique - the bokeh technique. I've come across so many beautiful cards on Instagram using this technique that I wanted to give it a try. The image that I had colored yesterday was perfect for the bokeh background.


I wish I  could link to a video, but I don't have one I followed. I did watch part of a video that used SU products, but I decided to use dylusions inks with water and gesso for my background. 

Since it's my first time doing this, I really don't have how to photos to show you either, as I had no idea what I was doing LOL.
But if you google it, you'll find several how-to videos.

The bokeh circles are hard to see in my photo above, I think it's a bit more visible below. 


Product list:
 (all by whimsy stamps)
Dylusions ink (diluted in a bit of water)
Gesso, watercolor brush and aqua painter
Memento ink, copics for image
Twine, sequins, glitter
Circle punches to create stencil for bokeh circles

Thanks so much for stopping by. I will update this post later to add product links. 


15 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Ellie, I like the adorable image the colours and the sentiment
Kevin xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So beautiful! LOVING that ballerina!!!!!

Stacy Sheldon said...

it looks fabulous :)

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fun and beautiful card Ellie :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Kara Lynne said...

Such a pretty background and wonderful sentiment!

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card.

brenda said...

It's technique I keep seeing as well Ellie, really need to check it out properly, especially judging by the lovely muted background you have achieved.

B x

Amy Johnson said...

You did a fabulous job with this technique. I have yet to try it, but I will. I really love the look.

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

I have been seeing this technique a lot too. I am going to try it. You did beautifully with this technique. Love the colors that you chose. Your ballerina girl is so sweet. Have an amazing day, Ellie!

Marlena M. said...

Wow, Ellie, this is exquisite! I love Bokeh

Becky said...

Well the bokeh circles look fabulous, along with this adorable image.

Anonymous said...

such a sweet card ellie and you did a fabulous job with this technique! it's on my 'try one day' list.

Marilyn said...

I love this card Vicky. That little coloured banner, the checked and dotted paper are all the embellies this funny little cow needs.

Whisper said...

Oooo absolutely super and i'm now off to google the technique, thanks for that, Luv Sam x

Brenda in IN said...

I have seen this done and I haven't done it yet. Your card is so pretty and I'm encouraged to try it.