Pinned Post


Please click HERE to join in "Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday" challenge.


Please click HERE to join in "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge.


Aug 13, 2015

Sunflower Buggies

I finally had a chance to finish this card, that I started working on last Sunday. It's been a busy week, preparing for back to school and other stuff. 
Hard to believe Summer break is over...it always goes so fast, although I can't really say they have a short summer break. I just really wish they didn't start until September, it somehow feels like Fall once school starts, and I am not ready yet for Summer to be over...

Definitely still Summertime on my blog, I have another fun summer themed Whimsy Stamps creation to show you today, using the gorgeous stamp "Sunflower Buggies" from Whimsy's Meljen's Designs collection. 

Just did some masking and inking. The flower was stamped twice, once onto my card front, then onto another white piece of card stock. This time I made coloring easy but simply inking it with my ink applicator tool and distress inks, using 3 different shades. Then I cut the flower out and adhered it onto my card front.  The little white flowers were colored using a white faber castell pitt marker. 

You can find the Whimsy Products here:

Also used:
 Neenah card stock, washi tape for masking, distress inks, stickles glitter, faber castell pitt marker

I am playing along here:
Crafting for all Seasons -  Bright and Beautiful
Fab 'n' Funky -Things With Wings
Creative Card Crew - Sparkle/Glitter -
Going Grey With Scrap-Creations  - Garden 
Crafting from the Heart - Always Anything Goes
 
Thanks so much for visiting!!

11 comments:

Janice said...

Inky colouring really works! I so love this, Jx

Kelly Lloyd said...

This is fab.. Love this, so happy and bright x

kiwimeskreations said...

Ellie this is stunning - love the colours and the gorgeous buggies.
Blessings
Maxine

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING that flower!!!!!

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the colors

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

Ellie, this is absolutely gorgeous! Love your ink blending and LOVE that flower! Oh, my goodness! Your coloring on the flower is truly BEAUTIFUL! Hope you'll have a great weekend!

crafty said...

Oh! This is such a gorgeous card - beautiful colours. Thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart. Mary

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Beautiful image and fabulous colouring! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with the Fab 'n' Funky girls this challenge. I LOVE what you did for the challenge. Look forward to having you join us again soon. Hugs, Wends x Fab 'n' Funky DT

Amy Johnson said...

Has school really started already? It just seems way too early for that! Beautiful card! I love all your techniques. I wish I could come over to your house so you could show me how you make these cards!

applejack cards by sue said...

Oh I do love this so much! This gorgeous flower in such vibrant colours. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafting for all Seasons. Sue DT xx

Anonymous said...

this is too cute ellie! i love the image, the colours and your colouring - adorable!