Pinned Post


Please click HERE to join in "Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday" challenge.


Please click HERE to join in "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge.


Sep 5, 2016

Critters & Creatures Linky Party 7

Happy Monday and Welcome to the September Critters and Creatures Linky Party!!
 Lots of wonderful entries again last month, it's always so nice seeing many of you join in! Be sure to scroll down to see if your entry was a top pick. 

 As usual, anything goes here as long as you feature a Critter or Creature.

I used one of my newer Penny Black stamp sets today, Buddy and Duck. I also have this set available brand new in my Etsy shop for US shipping if you are interested. 
I thought this cute duck was perfect for a baby shower card or new baby card, and that's what I decided to make. 
Image was heat embossed using versafine onyx ink and embossing powder on bristol vellum card stock, then water colored using my Zig Clean Color bush pens. An old SU stamp was used for the random dots on the white background paper. Designer paper I  believe is by Authenique, picked up at Hobby Lobby. Sentiment is from the Penny Black clear set Snippets, another set I have available brand new on Etsy. 
I added a little button and twine for embellishments and did some zig-zag machine sewing to finish it off. 
Dimensionals were used to adhere the the image to make it pop up a little. I also used clear wink of stella on the umbrella, but you can't see it in the photo, because I've done that after I took the photos :-) :-) 
The card is listed here in my Etsy shop if you're interested. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now onto the top 3, as always it's super hard to choose, but I did manage and here they are in no particular order. 

Sarah

A stunning design using mostly black and white!

Mindy Baxter
Whimsy Stamps - Find the Light Source

Mindy is talking about light source in her post, some great tips!

Darlene

Visit her blog post to find how how Darlene used acetate to create this beautiful card.

Congratulations ladies, your top pick badge for your side bars is below.


Now it's time to feature another Critter or Creature. Can't wait to see what you create this time around!
Simply link your creation below.

ETA 5/20/18:
To protect the privacy of those who entered this challenge, the linky tool has now been removed.

9 comments:

brenda said...

Your card today is just beautiful Ellie.

B x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy Johnson said...

Awwww, that is just the cutest card! I love it!

Janis said...

Adorable cards by you and the team!! Fabulous coloring on the sweet ducky.
Thank you for another fun Critters & Creatures Linky Party. So much fun!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Cynthia said...

Very sweet card, Ellie!

Planetsusie said...

What a lovely challenge - I do hope that my butterfly is classed as a critter! Thank you so much for the challenge and for sharing the DT creations - so inspiring. Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

Planetsusie said...

Thanks for the lovely comment on my card Ellibelle - sorry I didn't read the instructions properly - I was in a bit of a rush at the time. At least I now know that butterflies are welcome - lol! Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

Jarka Ef said...

Cute cards, thank you for inspirations :-)

Darlene said...

Fabulous card Ellie and thanks for choosing my card among the Top 3. So glad you liked it! I've proudly displayed your badge in the sidebar of my blog!