Pinned Post


Please click HERE to join in "Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday" challenge.


Please click HERE to join in "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge.


Oct 10, 2016

Colorful Sunflowers

Hi everyone and thanks so much for visiting. Hope your week is off to a good start. I made today's card using an old (but new to me) stamp by PSX.

 It's been stamped onto xpress it blending card using Memento tuxedo ink and I used my copic markers for coloring, following this week's challenge at Allsorts (Autumn Colors). The little dots were done using another really old stamp from SU. Sentiment is from a newer clear set by Penny Black. Papers are all from my stash, I think by My Mind's Eye and Basic Grey. Green card stock is by SU. I finished off the card by tying a bow using jute twine and applied wink of stella to the flower centers. 


Playing along here:
 

Allsorts for color inspiration: 
Grab our logo 

We would love you to display our banner !

Before I let you go I wanted to share this huge apple we found at the orchard this weekend. It wasn't our first time there, but first time we saw this apple tree (and they only had one of these trees). In my left hand I am holding a regular (larger) sized Jonathan apple and a really small one, the one in my right hand is called a "Wolf River" apple. It's the size of one of those "pie" pumpkins.

Apparently this apple originates from Wisconsin. So if you're from that area, then this is probably nothing new to you, but I surely never expected to see an apple this huge!

Have a great day!!

14 comments:

brenda said...

Those apples certainly are huuuuuuge Ellie !

A beautiful Autumnal card with nice clean lines and the twine all adds to the Autumn feel. It's lovely to see you are Allsorts again this week and well done on making our Top 5 last week.

B x

Mervi said...

Totally gorgeous card, beautiful!!!
And the apple, huge!

Fabulous card.
Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts.

Welcome to join in my Candy & Challenge, theme is birthday with numbers;-))m

Kathleen said...

Really lovely image and love the CAS effect and the little dots effect.
Those apples are amazing looks like you have a lot of windfalls too, wish I had an orchard like that.
Thank you for joining our Colours of Autumn challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card Ellie - and those apples are amazing!!
Blessings
Maxine

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your card is just GORGEOUS! LOVING the colors! And WOW!!!! That apple is HUGE! I have never seen one that big before!!!!!!!!!

Tinka's paper wonderlland said...

Beautiful card, amazing colouring!!
Ok this is realy a BIIIIG apple!! Huge..
♥Hugs Valentina♥

Amy Johnson said...

Gorgeous card, love that border stamp. I'm from Wisconsin, and although I think we grow some pretty large apples around here, that one is the largest I've ever seen.

SewPaperPaint said...

You did such a great job with this stamp. I think I may have it actually. Really cool. Hugs, Autumn

Leigh Penner said...

Very pretty take on the sketch!

Kara Lynne said...

Gorgeous flowers and I love the spritz of gold! I live near the Wolf River in Wisconsin, but I haven't seen those apples yet - wow! I'll have to check that out.

Aileen said...

Love this beautiful card, the flowers down the side of the card look stunning. Wonderful design. Thank you so much for supporting us in our first challenge The Flower Challenge Aileen DT

Karen Dunbrook said...

your lineup of wonderfully colored sunflowers is beautiful...
Thanks so much for playing along with The Flower Challenge!

Anonymous said...

Its not my first time to pay a quick visit this
site, i am visiting this web site dailly and get fastidious data from here everyday.

Anonymous said...

Your way of explaining the whole thing in this article is
in fact nice, every one be capable of easily know it, Thanks a lot.