Pinned Post


Please click HERE to join in "Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday" challenge.


Please click HERE to join in "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge.


Oct 19, 2016

Pink Flowers Just For You

Good morning! I am back already with another card. Having so much fun following the Allsorts challenges and this week I decided to play along again. The theme this week is "pink", so I created a pretty pink floral card.
I recently discovered PSX stamps, especially love their detailed floral stamps and although these stamps are really old and no longer being made, I think they make the prettiest cards. And I love that they are wood mounted!!! This is another one of those old stamps.  I heat embossed the image on  xpress it blending card, then colored with copic markers and a colored pencil for a little more shading. An old Stampin Up background stamp was then used on the image panel and edges were inked using distress ink. I thought distressed edges would look nice with this vintage looking image, so I distressed all edges and used my sewing machine around the image panel. Some pretty corner die cuts (Whimsy Stamps die) were added to each one of the 4 corners. A little clear button and twine finishes off the card. 

This is the inside. I heat embossed the sentiment (old - by Stampin Up) and used the same flower stamp but only the top portion of the stamp. The dark card stock looks black, but it's actually dark brown. 
This card has also been listed in my Etsy shop if you're interested. 

Playing along again in these challenges:

We would love you to display our banner !

Grab our logo

Have a great day! And thank you so much for visiting!!


13 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Davi said...

This is a really beautiful card! I love the PSX image, I have lots of their florals but not this one. Lovely coloring and the corners really make it pop out :)

brenda said...

It really is a beautiful stamp Ellie and an equally lovey card using it. I too have a few of those lovely old wood mounted ones from PSX.

It's lovely to see you at Allsorts challenge again, thank you so much for making a special pink card for this weeks theme.

B x

Viv said...

Yet another beautiful card from you Ellie, inside and outside! such gorgeous flowers coloured so well also.Thank you so much for sharing your card with us again over at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you back again soon ;) Viv DT xx

Wendy L said...

So glad you are enjoying our challenges and this entry is so gorgeous, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

kiwimeskreations said...

Another wonderful card Ellie - love how you have coloured the beautiful flowers.
Blessings
Maxine

Mummylade said...

What a wonderful image! Thank you for entering our pink challenge at Allsorts this week.

Mervi said...

Gorgeous flower stamp Ellie, and as always fabulous colouring.
Just perfect card for my pink theme over at Allsorts, thank you;-))m

Ruth said...

It's beautiful - love the little added details of the twine on the handle and the stamped insert. Just lifts it that little bit more. THank you so much for joining in our first ever Flower Challenge! Ruth DT xxx

Donna said...

This is stunning, your coloring is fabulous!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Ellie. I will keep checking on your blog and get some ideas. I like the way you used the top part of the stamp on the inside.

Amy Johnson said...

Oh my goodness, this is so beautiful. I've never heard of this stamp company before. I love the little bow you added to the basket.

Shona Chambers said...

Your colouring is so beautiful and I love that its a floral beauty inside and out! Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge!