Pinned Post


Please click HERE to join in "Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday" challenge.


Please click HERE to join in "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge.


Mar 4, 2017

Spring Inspiration for Allsorts 405

Hello everyone! Hard to believe it's March already! I'm definitely ready to put away my winter coat, I really enjoyed the unseasonably warm weather we had last month, even though it was strange being able to leave the coat behind in mid- February. I don't usually mind winter much, but this year I had to drive during winter weather on several occasions and already had enough of it by the end of December! Now let's just hope the spring storms won't be too severe this spring...already had a taste of them earlier this week!

It's time for a new challenge at Allsorts, this week it's Brenda's turn to host, and she has a very fitting theme for us this week. A spring inspiration collage.

 Week 405 Inspiration

 To play along simply be inspired by the picture, link up your project on the challenge blog and you'll be entered into the prize drawing. Our generous sponsors this week are
DigiStamp Boutique and Little Claire Designs giving away two great prizes!

Here is what I came up with.

The image is a new stamp by LOTV, just recently released, I just couldn't resist the cute bunny and daffodils are my favorite spring flowers - can't wait until mine are blooming!! I got the digi version and printed it on Neenah linen card stock, then colored using my Faber Castell Polychromo pencils blended with baby oil.
The sketch has been kept simple, I just rounded the corners of my image panel, mounted onto Daffodil Delight card stock and then onto the Pear Pizzaz card base. The designer paper strip is by Stampin Up (retired). Spring sentiment is also by SU from a retired Easter set, it's one of my favorite spring sentiments, in fact I have used it again on tomorrow's card 😀


I added Wink of Stella to the butterfly and flowers, but like so often, it's so hard to tell on the pictures. A couple sticky rhinestones were added to the butterfly and I used some twine to finish it off.


Also playing along here:
LOTV Ideas to Inspire -  Flowers 
Aud Sentiments Challenge - Animals +Sentiment
Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes 
Crafty Sentiment Designs -- Anything Goes
 
Thanks so much for visiting, hope you have a fantastic weekend!





14 comments:

brenda said...

Perfect bright Spring colours Ellie and such a sweet image, always love Daffodils. Thanks for creation a super card for my theme week.

B x

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Ellie, so cute, xxx

Georgiana said...

Very pretty! Great color combination.

Marilyn said...

Adorable card!!

Mervi said...

So gorgeous and cute one, lovely stamp and sentiment.
Happy weekend, warm winter day here with little sunshine;-))m

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING that bunny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathleen said...

Fabulous image, lovely sentiments and a great design. Love the card.

Kath x

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Ellie, morning here and trying to catch up on comments. Love your take on the theme mood board and that image is the cutest.xx[aNNie]

Davi said...

So delightful! The sweet image and and little butterfly all say Spring is here :)

Billie A said...

Very pretty card. I love the crisp look. I love the spring look and feel. (as I sit here looking at my snow cover lawn) So glad you shared over at Aud Sentiments.

Billie A
Aud Sentiments
Creative with Stamps
Catch the bug
Inspiration Destination
Stampavie and More

Elle Kay said...

Lovely spring card!! Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments challenge blog!

SewPaperPaint said...

This card and the last are just beautiful! Love the clean fresh feel, so perfect for spring. Hugs, Autumn

Tracy said...

Hi Ellie
A superb spring creation with such beautiful details.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

The Crafty Critter said...

This is such a beautiful card! I love how you colored the image and the card design is perfect. Thank you for the inspiration!
-Miranda
TheCraftyCritter.com