Pinned Post


Please click HERE to join in "Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday" challenge.


Please click HERE to join in "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge.


Aug 18, 2017

Sending Love

We're over halfway through the month of August (already!) and that means it's time for our midmonth post at Penny Black and More. Still plenty of time to join us if you haven't already, or maybe you'd like to enter a second or third time? Plenty of prizes are up for grabs so hope you'll get a chance to join us!
We have  a pretty easy theme this month - Feature a Creature - so lots of possibilities there.


For my card today I inked up the beautiful stamp "Winter Song" by Penny Black. It's been heat embossed on watercolor marker paper and colored using Zig Clean Color pens. The image is large, and I ended up trimming part of the top and bottom for my card. I really didn't want to add too much more to the card to keep the focus on the image, so I just added a die cut sentiment (also from Penny Black). Not sure if you can tell, but I layered the white sentiment over a black sentiment to give it a shadow. Dazzling Diamonds glitter (by Stampin Up) was sprinkled over the sentiment to make it sparkle. The watercolor panel was then layered onto ballet blue card stock (retired Stampin Up color) and a Neenah Linen white card base.


The Penny Black blog is  having a Holiday Headstart challenge on their blog and I am going to enter my card there as well.



Thanks so much for stopping by,
I'll be back again tomorrow with the new Allsorts challenge card.

10 comments:

brenda said...

You have achieved a lovely wintery feel with your choice of soft colours and graduated skyline Ellie.

Keep meaning to mention that following your recommendation to try Bristol card stock I did and have continued to use is as preference for some months now. It even takes inks and water nicely with no buckling.

B x

Leanne Harris said...

This is lovely Ellie, the cool colours and wintry scene are super and it has such a lovely Christmassy feel xxx

Marilyn said...

Beautiful wintery scene!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! I am LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy Johnson said...

Such a lovely Christmas Card! Beautiful winter scene!

Linby said...

This is so effective - you can see the shadow from the dies and it makes for a really different card.

Anonymous said...

this is so beautiful ellie! i love the colours you've used in the sky and the shadow helps pop the sentiment, i used the same one on my card.

Tracy Welham said...

Beautiful, I love the layered sentiment. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Mervi said...

Gorgeous and sparkly card, love it;-))m

judkajudi said...

Congratulations on being a winner of the Penny Black challenge. Beautiful card!