Pinned Post


Please click HERE to join in "Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday" challenge.


Please click HERE to join in "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge.


Sep 18, 2017

Midmonth Reminder at Penny Black and More

Happy Monday :) It's the 18th of the month so that means it's time for the Midmonth reminder post at Penny Black and More. Still time to join us if you haven't already or if you'd like to play along again - remember you can enter up to 3 times. 
I'm sharing a winter scenery card today. I am really loving all the cards made with silhouette stamps, but I am struggling so much with them!!! It took me what seemed like forever to come up with this. And I am not even 100% happy with it. I tend to overthink everything and that's what I did  here too.

All stamps are by Penny Black from the sets Woodland Beauty, Spread Cheer and Season's Gifts for the sentiment.  I made a hill mask by simply cutting printer paper in shape of a hill and then inked with distress ink as I moved the mask around. It all sounds so easy, no idea why I am struggling with these cards so much!! I guess it just means I need to practice more with silhouette stamps, because I do love scenic cards. 

We have some wonderful prizes lined up this month
 from Penny Black, Swedish House Crafts and Tattered Lace, so lots of chances to win!!

Thanks so much for visiting!


13 comments:

Mervi said...

Fabulous snowy scene, lovely card;-))m

Linby said...

Such a pretty scene you created, I love how you used the snowflakes.

Marilyn said...

Beautiful card!! Love the scene!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I think it's absolutely GORGEOUS! I am LOVING the scene you created!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Eine wundervolle Winterszene, ganz toll gemacht!
LG Daniela

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous card, fabulous image and design.

Kath x

Leanne Harris said...

Fabulous scene Ellie and I love your colours!! xx

brenda said...

You have created such a pretty scene Ellie and how well it works in just the two colours.

B x

Amy Johnson said...

Such a beautiful winter scene and card. You are the queen of the masking technique Ellie!

SewPaperPaint said...

Ellie, this should be on the cover of the next PB catalog! It's genius and so striking! Love your inky layers and the silhouettes. Hugs, Autumn

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful card, Ellie! It doesn't look like you struggled at all. I love the colours and the silhouettes really pop. I rarely use them because i can never figure out what to put behind them and besides, I'm obsessed with colouring. :)

Tracy said...

Fabulous Christmas creation.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Anke said...

WOW WOW WOW I love your card, absolutely stunning.