Pinned Post


Please click HERE to join in "Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday" challenge.


Please click HERE to join in "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge.


Jan 18, 2018

Penny Black and More Midmonth Reminder

Hello everyone, we're about halfway through our January challenge at Penny Black and More with the theme of "Something New", and so it's time for the mid- month post.

I originally was going to make a "New Baby" card using this cute duck from the Penny Black set "Buddy and Duck", but found this sentiment worked better inside the circle, so I decided against a baby card. Of course I think this duck works well for a lot of occasions, and I think it fits the sentiment really well.

The heart circle frame is brand new to me, another set by Avery Elle I recently treated myself to. This design is available with stars too, and it's next on my wishlist :)
The duck was colored with Faber Castell Polychromos pencils, then fussy cut. The umbrella was stamped again and fussy cut separately, then attached with dimesionals. The sentiment is from an old Stampin Up set. I paper pierced on two corners and then framed the image panel with dotted designer paper from my stash before adhering it to the card base.


You can see the wonderful prizes we have on offer by visiting the challenge blog, where you will also see what the rest of the team is sharing this mid-month! Some really delightful creations!


Before I sign off for today, here is a text I copied from my teamie Brenda about recent commenting troubles on blogger:

"Most of us have probably encountered the recent problems with publishing comments when we go to peoples blogs.

Well one of my challenge teamies came across a possible solution whilst she was out in blogland, I have tried it on my own blog and it certainly does seem to make comments much quicker to publish. So this is the information she passed on:

In the settings on your blog select 'posts, comments and sharing, select 'comment location' and from the drop down menu select 'pop up window' then save. 

As I mentioned above I obtained this info second hand, but I am sure the originator will be happy for us all to share as it will make life much easier for all of us, so please feel free to lift the above and share." 


Thanks for visiting,
hope you have a wonderful day!


12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING that little duck and the little hearts!!!!!!!!

Marilyn said...

Cute card!!

Anonymous said...

Eine zuckersüße Karte und das Motiv ist total goldig!
LG Daniela

brenda said...

An adorable creation again Ellie, many thanks as always for your inspiration. Also thanks for helping spread the word about comment boxes.

B x

Tracy said...

This is super cute Ellie,
Happy crafting
Tracy x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card Ellie - love your colours, and colouring, and the wonderful die cut!! I may have to have a look around for it...
Blessings
Maxine

Leanne Harris said...

What a lovely little duck Ellie, a little duck with a big heart - fabulous! xxx

Greta said...

Oh how I love this card! So cute & all the elements are perfect together!

Amy Johnson said...

I was wondering what was going on with the commenting lately. I thought it was my computer! It's been so frustrating. I hope they fix it soon. Cute card! I saw it on FB and liked it there too! I love the heart of circles.

Linby said...

Lovely cute card.

susiestacey said...

Adorable Ellie that little duck is too cute xx

Anonymous said...

aww, this is too cute, ellie, and i love the heart frame!! i don't use blogger but i do have occasional difficulties leaving comments as a wordpress user.