Pinned Post


Please click HERE to join in "Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday" challenge.


Please click HERE to join in "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge.


Apr 13, 2016

Whimsy Stamps - April Rubber Stamp Release

Happy Wednesday everyone! Hope you're having a good week so far and some nice spring weather. It's still a little bit too chilly over here, especially in the mornings, but I am sure it'll warm up soon enough.

Today is the Rubber Stamp Release at Whimsy Stamps The design team has been busy creating with these new stamps and we are going to share our creations over the next three days. There are also prizes to give away and it's really easy to enter. You can read all about that on the Whimsy Inspirations blog. There you will also see all of the new stamps in one place.

The cute stamp set I used today is called "Kitty-ology and you can find it in the Crissy Armstrong collections. I just love the look on this kitty's face, reminds me a lot of my cats, although I don't think they ever let anyone put glasses on them :-) But I did see a funny video the other day where this cat was putting on a pair of sunglasses and just kept them on. (I admit, I find cat videos pretty entertaining LOL)

I colored the image using the Zig Clean Color Brush pens on Bristol Vellum card stock and I used a Zig detailer waterbrush. Designer paper is by MME. The Spiral Notebook Border Die also from Whimsy Stamps was used for the black notebook border. Sentiment is part of this set. I used one of the dies from the Stitched die set also by Whimsy. Wink of stella clear brush was used on the eyeglass frame and the heart, but it's not really visible in the photo. The tag was tied onto the card using some Jute twine and did some sewing before adhering to a wild wasabi card base.
A little close up below..

I am entering my card here:
Creative Card Crew -Die Cut -
Die Cuttin' Divas- Library Day - Use a Book
Crafting from the Heart - Always Anything Goes
Make My Monday - Pets
That would be all for today. Don't forget to stop by the Whimsy blog to enter into the prize drawing. I will be back again tomorrow with my second new release creation!
Have a great day!!

14 comments:

brenda said...

What a fun image Ellie and always love seeing your signature stitching, it's always an inspiration.

Weather not too bad her today, bit mixed with cloud but lovely when the sun shows it's face.

B x

Whisper said...

Oooo what a great image and such a fabby layout too, Luv Sam x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card, I like the sweet image and the design
Kevin xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Super cute image and you have made a fabulous card with it Ellie.
Blessings
Maxine

Teresa Doyle said...

Oh wow, this card is SO CUTE! Love the sentiment.

Unknown said...

Love the image! That kitty is so adorable! Very cute card, great job on the colouring. Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas!

Marilyn said...

Adorable!!

Leslie Miller said...

So darn cute! I love kitties and anything critter, really. Of course, you've done fabulous coloring and made the perfect card design. Love the notebook edge with this image. The four stamps I bought were Crissy Armstrong. Now I'll have to go look again, sheesh!

CA Scrapper said...

That is just so adorable! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

Leslie

Arianna Barbara said...

Awww!!!! This card is so cute!!!!

Maikreations said...

Such a fun image and a stunning card ;o) Happy crafting, Maike

Gerda said...

What a super cute card!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Cazro said...

A brilliant card, loving the colouring and overall design. Thanks for playing along at Make My Monday. Caz DT.